Friday, December 31, 2010

2010 in Review

As I typed in the title, I thought "What did happen in 2010? What did we do?" I really can't recall too many exciting events, which is ok in my opinion.

In the spring we embarked on a large landscaping adventure. We went from this:
To this:
This was just phase 1 of our landscaping with completing about 75% of our yard; hopefully we will be doing phase 2 this spring (2011) and finishing the rest. Phase 2 is just as large of a project as phase 2 even though it will cover less ground. We have to landscape a hill by our deck, probably add in a swing set area for Julia (and a swing set of course) and put in a stone patio with a fire pit. Just typing that makes me cringe at the cost...$$$$ flashing in my head!

----------

This spring I started a habit that I thought I would NEVER start. Running!

This year I ran 3-5k races as well as a 5K relay race with my cousins and sister on Thanksgiving weekend. I am hoping to run many more 5k races and even some 10k's in 2011. I haven't reached the point of marathon running yet; I think 8-10 miles is my limit. I have continued to run during these winter months, though once the temperature starts to drop below zero, I may have to subject myself to the boring treadmill (which I hate).

-------

This wouldn't be a very good 2010 review without honoring, remembering, and blessing our dear grandma and great-grandma Maggie. Grandma passed away on August 7, 2010 from a massive stroke. It was unexpected in some respects; we will miss her dearly. She is in a great place now enjoying the company of the Lord as well as being reunited with her hubby, grandpa Gibby, her daughter Susie and her great-grandson Tristan. I am sure she is loving every minute of the heavenly kingdom and her strong faith certainly prepared her for her departure from her earthly home and it helped all of the family cope better also. She was the foundation of our entire family and she was a fabulous grandma. I am happy that she got to know Julia and that we all had a chance to say good-bye to her in her final days. She will be missed forever.

This Christmas was definitely an adjustment for the entire family. In past years, we always celebrated Christmas at Grandma's house. This year, my aunt and uncle stepped up and hosted the event. It wasn't really that much different besides the fact that we couldn't understand how we all crammed into Grandma's house at Christmas with the large family we have!
---------
Since I don't have a lot of exciting things to share about 2010, I thought I would share the things I discovered in 2010 and just love and recommend to anyone:

Number 1:

If you don't know what this is, it is a make-it, freeze-it and bake-it meal place. You go to the store, create meals in bags and containers, freeze it and then bake it when you need a meal for your family. This is an absolute blessing for any busy mom, which is probably every mother in the world. I am partial to the slow cooker meals because I can throw everything in the slow cooker, have it cook while we are at work and come home to a pretty much complete meals. The non-slow cooker meals are great too and pretty quick to throw together.

Number 2:

Photography by Nealy

Nealy is a wonderful mom I met at church 2 years ago. She is the brilliant photographer who took the fabulous pictures you see to the left and right of this blog. We will certainly be using her services again for future photos. Have to give a big shout out to her and her business as well as her new addition to her family, her second daughter, Clara! Congrats!

Number 3:


The beautiful bling above was made possible by:


My friend Suzanne, another mom from church, started this business in the last year. I actually knew Suzanne in her former career as a pharmaceutical sales rep from about 6 years ago. One day I was at a MOPs kick-off session and she was there. When I saw her, I knew I knew her from somewhere, but couldn't remember. We started chatting and realized we knew each other from past professions! What a small world and who knew we would cross paths again. I am so glad to have Suzanne as a friend again and I LOVE the jewelry she sells. I am hoping to get one of her fabulous bracelets personalized and made in 2011. What kind of bracelet you ask? Well, you have to check her website. Another shout out to a fabulous mom with a knack for her business!

Number 4:
Lia Sophia jewelry
I guess 2010 was the year of the jewelry for me. My friend Traci started selling Lia Sophia jewelry and after attending her kick-off party, I was hooked. I hosted a party of my own and received all kinds of host benefits and free jewelry. I had a great time entertaining friends and neighbors at our house and cooking some new recipes I found here. I have lots of jewelry now and am always blinged out in Lia Sophia jewelry and my bling earrings above. I am hoping to host another Lia Sophia party in 2011.

Number 5:
Keurig Coffee Maker


I won't elaborate again on this fabulous device since I just talked about it in my last post.


Number 6:

I have finally found the right beauty products that work for me! I have fallen in love with Arbonne. Arbonne was developed in Switzerland in 1975. The products are all natural with botanical principles in mind (yes, I took that from their website). They don't have fragrance to them because they are all natural and don't have any fillers or preservatives (like parabens which are found in a lot of cosmetics, beauty products and shampoos and conditioners). I use their acne skin care line and my face has never been clearer (yes, I do still have the breakouts, but much more controlled). I also use their foundation, mineral-powder and concealer. I do want to try more of their products in 2011 like their eye make-up and mascara.

Well, that is all for my 2010 wrap-up (probably enough since this was a long post).

Happy New Year! Here's to a great and prosperous 2011!

Many blessings and of course...

Cheers!

2 comments:

  1. Well thank you for the shout out!! Love you girl! I want one of those coffee makers, everyone keeps raving! Are they really that great?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, thanks girlie! :) Hope you're doing well and happy new year! We're planning to make it to church tomorrow, so we'll look for you.

    P.S. Feel free to copy and paste the pics of your family on your blog (the ones from my website). :)

    ReplyDelete

What is on your mind?