Love, love, love this weather! Julia and I went to the Zoo this morning for a couple of hours. There was a Farm Babies exhibit there that would only last until the end of the month, so I really wanted to go. Julia is perfecting her recognition of farm animals and sounds, so I knew she would love going to see the real thing. She thought anything that had four legs (including the moose, caribou and camels) was either a "dog" or "horse", and anything that flew or floated in the water was a "duck".
Julia is growing up in a totally different environment than I did. I grew up in the countryside, farmland of Wisconsin and saw farms, cows, sheep, and horses everyday. Here in the suburbs/cities, you just don't see that at all (except at the zoo). Julia liked seeing the baby sheep (lambs), goats (kids), cows (calves) and chickens (chicks), but wasn't ready to get out of the stroller and pet them. I fed a few goats with the alfalfa you could get out of a gumball machine, but Julia whined when she saw me do it. She just watched from a distance. Ah, my little city girl.
The little piglets...SO cute!
Julia was a little stunned by the full-sized cow
A beautiful trumpet swan...or as Julia said "duck!"
Cute kid!
No, they don't have these on the farms in Wisconsin, but the dolphins are Julia's favorite exhibit, so we had to see them. This one was dribbling a ball...seriously, it was bouncing it up and down in the water with its nose. Another one was playing with a football. It was awesome!
Julia pointing at the dolphins.
No comments:
Post a Comment
What is on your mind?