On my days off (Fridays), Julia and I like to go to various stores to browse. The last place we went was
Kowalski's. For those of you who don't live in Minnesota (or don't know what
Kowalski's is),
Kowaslski's is a grocery store. Not just any grocery store. It is a, what I call, "fancy" grocery store or "gourmet" grocery store. The store has some of your typical mega-store items, but it specializes mostly in top quality ingredients: a fabulous deli/
delicatessen, a superb selection of high
quality meats, breads and much more. Their produce section is beautiful: everything is well organized and facing one direction and looks fresh and delicious! I don't do my regular grocery shopping her because that would be pricey, but I love to go to get some good breads, meats and produce. They sell my absolute favorite hummus here (made by my friend Deena in St. Paul):
Deena's Gourmet Hummus. It is super good and I think everyone needs to try it. She has a new flavor: black bean chipotle that is to die for! Kowalski's is a grocery store that I can tolerate being in for a long time; unlike
this type of shopping trip.
At
Kowalski's they have mini-shopping carts for the little ones. I decided to let Julia give these are try while I pushed a big cart. She enjoyed pushing the cart and it was hilarious to watch her go up to a shelve look at items as if she was really shopping and then say "no" and continue on with her cart pushing. We were only a quarter of the way through the store when she decided to park her little cart in the middle of an aisle and walk away saying "bye" as if she had enough. She must have the same tolerance for grocery shopping as I do.
No comments:
Post a Comment
What is on your mind?