Wednesday, March 31, 2010

The temptation...

I went to Walgreen's today to pick up a few things.
Innocently wandered into the candy aisle
Stumbled upon these:



'Those look mighty tasty', I thought, 'and a good low fat treat'

There was a little yellow sign saying "SALE 3 for $3!" (they actually had me at "Red Vines", but the fact that one package was $1 made it even more enticing)

I purchased these Red Vines (just one package...I like to think that was at least some will power I mustered up)

Told myself I would only eat the suggested serving size of 4 licorice twists.

4 lead to 5, then 6

The chewy, strawberry, Red Vine flavor hooked me in

Ended up eating 8 before I reached home

Ate 5 more later this evening

Looked at the package and realized that 4 twists have 140 calories!

Yes, I consumed 455 calories in licorice

What ever happened to the advice that licorice was a good, diet treat?

Maybe during the low-fat craze, but now calories mean more

Maybe in moderation, but who can think about moderation when you have delicious $1 Red Vines?

Oh, the temptation.

1 comment:

  1. LOVE Red Vines!!! They are one of my biggest weaknesses.

    ReplyDelete

What is on your mind?