Thursday, March 18, 2010

My caffeine addiction...

In the past, I couldn't last even 1-2 hours in the morning without one of these in my hand:

Unfortunately, my dear grande, nonfat, no whip mocha and I had to part ways (except for an occasional weekend rendezvous) due to our pricey, high calorie (220 calories a pop!) relationship. I have now moved on to:


A much, much cheaper, zero calorie caffeine provider. I may have to start the break-up process from this lovely drink also since there is this study that found that women who consumed 2 or more diet sodas a day (meaning two-12oz cans) had a 30% drop in kidney function! Darn kidneys! I have a dear cousin who is a nephrologist (kidney doctor-Dr. Eric); he can take care of me, right?
I still partake in a cup or two of morning java. After all, this study just came out saying that coffee (regular, not decaf) reduces the risk of arrhythmias (abnormal heart rhythms). What's a girl to do? I am so torn!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What is on your mind?