Monday, January 12, 2009

Bored at home?

Nothing too exciting to report. Julia seemed very bored at home this weekend with us after her first week at daycare. She loves daycare and they all love here there too. Since I will have off on Fridays at my new job, she stayed home with Mike this past Friday and the staff at daycare said they missed her. By Sunday afternoon, Julia seemed a little crabby, ready to head back to day care. We also threw off her sleeping routine by sleeping in on Saturday and Sunday, so I don't think that helped the crabbiness! We are realizing that even though she is only 3 months old, she loves to be doing things and be stimulated at all times (she is WAY too much like her mother). We play with her a lot at home, but you know there are just times when mom and dad want to chill out and we put her in her swing or bouncy seat. This only subdues her for a short time now. She gets bored with us and her toys pretty quick! I am now searching local kids hot spots to take Julia on the weekends and on the Fridays I am off. I hope that I can hook up with some local moms to get some Friday play dates also. The local libraries have story time for infants and there are many local museums we can check out. We are also close to the Minnesota zoo and they also have a lot of kid events even in the winter. The Mall of America is very close to our new home too, so I will have to take Julia on her first shopping trip soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What is on your mind?