Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Back to Work and Daycare


Yesterday was my first day back at work since Julia was born. I was glad to get back into the working, adult world, but missed Julia terribly. It was very weird to be back at work, but I quickly got back into the swing of things. I will only be back at my job for 2 weeks because I have resigned and will be starting a new job as a cardiovascular clinical nurse specialist (CNS) at another hospital on January 19th. I went to graduate school to become a CNS and luckily I was able to find this job during my maternity leave and interview for it. I will definitely miss my job at the U of MN and especially miss my coworkers.


Julia has been going to daycare during the day while Mike and I are at work. The daycare is only about 8-10 minutes from our house, so it is very convienent. She has done great there so far. She loves to sleep in the mornings and eat and play all afternoon. Mike drops her off and I pick her up. Once we get her home, she is so exhausted from daycare that she has been falling asleep around 6pm. We let her snooze for a while before waking her again around 7-7:30 to eat and then go to bed. We are not sure what they do there with her, but she seems very happy and content and tired when she gets home. Julia will be at daycare 4 days a week and then at home on Fridays with me. I was able to get one day off a week for my new job which is great. This way I can spend more time with her. I am looking foward to the warmer months when I can take her for walks and to the park on my days off.


We are all doing well. It is great to have life back to normal again after the previous 3 month fiasco with Julia's health issues and my own. Mike and I are adjusting to a morning routine and after work routine with Julia.
Julia is 3 months old today! She is starting to do all sorts of things. She holds her head up very well and most of time can sit up with back support and hold her head up by herself. She is also becoming very vocal with a lot of cooing and other noises and sounds. She also smiles a lot and we think she had a good idea now who her parents are and she recognizes us almost immediately. She has also recently discovered her hands and loves to put them in her mouth all the time. She used to put her hands in her mouth when she was hungry, but now she has them in there all the time which makes decifering her hunger code a little more difficult! We also catch her inspecting and starring at her hands sometime. It would be so interesting to know what she is thinking. She has a look on her face when she is looking at her hands of "wow, these things are cool, but what are they for? Are they attached to me? I don't know, but I think I will stick them in my mouth." It is so fun watching her grow and take in the environment around her.



No comments:

Post a Comment

What is on your mind?