
I scrapbooked our wedding; took me three years to complete it. I said I would NEVER scrapbook again, but then Julia came along with her miraculous healing from a never-seen, stump all the medical professionals, lung issue. Well, there was no pre-printed baby journal/album that covers sections to memorialize the aformentioned event, so I said I would scrapbook her first year. As a new mommy, that was a bold statement and well, it took me almost 2 years. I am happy to say I completed her first year book before she turned 2. It took me 6 nights of marathon designing, cutting, pasting and Cricuting (from a Cricut machine) to get it done before her second birthday. I was bound and determined to display it at her 2nd birthday party. So, I am now retiring from scrapbooking. Will I ever come out of retirement? Don't know; depends on what life brings. I will follow Brett Favre's lead; maybe I will go back, maybe I won't.

Not sure what I am going to do with all the leftover paper, embellishments, ribbon, cutting tools and stickers. I have already found a use for my Cricut machine in making posters for nursing conferences and work-related items. I may just put all the stuff in storage and see what the future holds. Maybe I will meet a diehard scrapbooker and give her all my lovely leftovers.
How will I document all of the rest of Julia's life? Maybe I will try this:

Or, I will just create photo books on Shutterfly or Kodak Gallery.
Everyone says I have set myself up for needing to scrapbook our next child's first year. To that I say, no. Maybe there will be another; maybe there won't, but I can say for sure that I won't be scrapbooking his/her first year unless they have a dramatic first year like Julia. Let's pray that doesn't happen!
No comments:
Post a Comment
What is on your mind?