It is so hard to believe that another year of motherhood has gone by. It feels like we just celebrated Mother's Day 2009. I'll be honest, being a mom is certainly a tough job, but I never expected the overwhelming joy and love that I feel for my little gal. It was just the other day that I was getting her into her pajamas and she gave me a hug that I had another realization that I am her mom; I am a mommy. I don't know why I had this sudden "ah ha" moment 19 months after becoming a mom, but it just kind of hit me. This little gal is depending on me to be a good example and teach her the little things, like zipping up PJ's before bed. It was also then that I had another realization that she would never be that age, at that moment ever again. I have to enjoy every minute I can with my now little gal because someday she will be a woman and won't want to be called 'little'.
Tonight I was doing the dishes and cleaning up the kitchen after dinner and Julia came to me and I asked her what she wanted. She reached for my hand and lead me into her toy room and said "play". I realized that the cleaning, the housework, the laundry and other work can wait. It will get done (eventually) and that life it too short to let it go by while trying to get tasks done, when I just need to slow down and savor the time I have with Julia.
Happy Belated Mother's Day to my mom, my grandmothers, my mother-in-law, my sister and all the great, hard working, patient, confident, loving, caring (the list goes on and on) mothers out there!
No comments:
Post a Comment
What is on your mind?