This weekend we had a blast with Grandma and Grandpa Mock. They arrived on Friday evening just before Julia's bedtime. Of course, with Grandma and Grandpa here, there was no way Julia was going to sleep at her normal bedtime. She normally goes down around 7pm, but she stayed up until 8:30pm playing with all her toys with Grandma and Grandpa. She did the same thing on Saturday evening. On Saturday, we all packed into the car to go to swim lessons. Everyone watched as Julia and I wadded in the water. Julia was showing off her swimming skills and splashed a lot. Grandma and Mike were kind enough to weed my garden for me on Saturday afternoon since it hadn't been weeded in about 7 or 8 weeks since I hurt my back. There were a ton of weeds, but the best part was that there was a bunch of zucchini, grape tomatoes, and peas to pick. I made zucchini bread on Saturday evening and wehad grilled zucchini with Saturday's dinner.We enjoyed a big breakfast at IHOP on Sunday morning before Grandma and Grandpa had to leave to go home.
My back is doing MUCH better since having the epidural injections last Monday. The pain has slowly been subsiding and my range of motion is improving everyday. I have to be diligent about doing my PT exercises to keep nimble and not sit too long which stiffens my back up. I am hoping the improvements continue and the pain goes away completely soon. I am still in PT twice a week and we mostly do traction therapy, which sounds barbaric, but it works extremely well.
Having fun with Grandma Mock
No comments:
Post a Comment
What is on your mind?