Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Another Wisconsin Trip

Over the 4th of July weekend, we traveled to Wisconsin to visit lots of family members. We arrived at Grandpa and Grandma Mock's house on Friday around noon. Grandpa and Grandma were of course ecstatic to see Julia. Grandpa is doing much better and it was great to see him feeling better and able to play with Julia. On Saturday, we went for a nice long walk with Grandma Mock to a nearby park. The walk was very nice and was nice for my back which was stiff from the long car ride the day before. On Saturday afternoon we traveled to Stoughton for cousin Ainsley's baptism. We arrived around 3pm and had a great time with Grandma and Grandpa Stephany, Aunt Heather, Uncle Dave, cousin Ainsley of course, great grandmas Voelker and Stephany and other Gerard family members. Since Julia is a very scheduled sleeper, Mike stayed at Heather and Dave's house while we went to the 5:15pm church service for Ainsley's baptism. I of course had to and wanted to be there because I am Ainsley's godmother ( I am so proud!). When we returned around 6:30pm, Julia was in her PJs, ready for bed. We were going to have her snooze in Ainsley's pack n play until we were ready to leave after the baptism party, but Julia wanted none of that. She didn't want to sleep, so we ended up leaving early around 8pm. Julia was so tired, she cried about 3/4 of the time during the drive to Grandma and Grandpa Mock's house. Once there, she was fast asleep after drinking about 1/2 ounce of her bottle.

In other news, my back is still on the mend. Actually, it is worse than last week. The pain finally got to me this morning, so I went to urgent care. I was given prescription pain medications and also a device that delivers little electrical currents through the muscle. I place the device on using patches around the area of pain and crank up the electricity. It helps a little, but I have a bunch of doctor appointments the rest of this week to get evaluated further and hopefully have an MRI to see what is going on. It is quite painful and exhausting having to alternate my movements and lifestyle around this pain.


My bath time hairdo!

I am so glad you are feeling better Grandpa, now you can play with me and all my toys!

My niece, Ainsley, and me at the church after the baptism. The tall guy is Nate, the godfather.


The "Juli's": from left to right: Juliet, Julia and Julie



Mommy and Julia


Julia and Ainsley playing before out attempted bedtime.



Julia and Aunt Heather


1 comment:

  1. Great pictures! I love the "Alfalfa" look on Julia.

    ReplyDelete

What is on your mind?