Not sure what we have been doing the past few weeks. Julia and I did take a trip back to Wisconsin to visit Grandma and Grandpa Stephany in Campbellsport and cousin Ainsley and Aunt Heather were there too. Mike stayed at home in Minnesota and had a relaxing weekend without the women at home. Julia has been sick lately, mostly with a bad cold, but she did develop croup also. She is recovering now, but still has a terrible cough at night. Of course, we had to take her to the doctor because of her lung history and everything was just fine. Her lungs sounded good and they put her on an antibiotic. The doctor said that the worst of the croup was probably over since the worst night was a few days ago (I am a bad mommy for not calling sooner I think, but Julia wasn't in any distress, breathing fine, and acting perfectly normal).
Julia is talking more than ever. She says tons of words and we can communicate pretty well with her. Her obsession right now is with Handy Manny and EVERY time we turn on the t.v. (which isn't very often in our house) she says "nana" which means Manny. She grabs the remote and shoves it in our hands in hopes that we will magically put the show on. Of course, we made the mistake of Tivo'ing Handy Manny and putting it on whenever she was cranky or wanted to watch it. Now she thinks we should be able to turn it on all the time, which we can with the saved Tivo'ed shows, but we have had to set limits for her own good (and our own sanity!) :)
If she isn't watching Handy Manny or we won't let her, she always wants to read. If you are sitting on the floor, she will grab a book, plop herself down on your lap, head or any other body part on the ground and say "book", "read". She could read books for hours if you read to her.
Mike and I on the other hand are planning on decorating our master bedroom. We finally finished Julia's room (after a year of living in this house) and made it more girly than just plain yellow walls and few wall hangings. Now it is time to make our room more relaxing. I always wanted a red and gold room and I had that in our old house, but now I would like something a little more calming. We are going to paint the walls a nice mocha/mauve color and have bedding with blue/brown/cream colors. Wall hangings will have the same color palate. Best of all..we are getting a king sized bed!!! I can't wait to have all that sleeping space and it will be nice when a certain little gal wants to join us in bed in the middle of the night.
I am struggling to find that perfect comforter set with just the right colors though...
No comments:
Post a Comment
What is on your mind?