Thursday, November 19, 2009

Tis the season to be ill...



Napping with Grandma
Someone found the pots and pans cupboard!



This is why Julia does not do the grocery shopping...


She loves to spill her play food all over the floor and "swim" in it on her belly.


What can I say, the girl LOVES the water!


Every day I work with sick people; they have pneumonia, H1N1, bacterial infections and other viral infections. Do I ever get sick from them? Nope. But I easily get sick from a 1 year old who seems to catch anything and everything. Yes, Julia already has her second illness of the year, this time, just a cold (thank goodness). I am feeling run down myself, my throat hurts and my ears feel like they are going to explode, so it is only a matter of time before the runny nose, cough, congestion and sneezing kick in yet again. We are hoping to all recover before the Thanksgiving holiday is upon us and we have to take a nice long trip to Wisconsin.


I was just remembering (not reminiscing in a good way that is for sure) that a year ago today, I was discharged from the hospital from my blood clot and Julia's surgery was a year ago on Tuesday, the 18th. How time does fly; seems so long ago. November 25th will mark her 1 year anniversary of coming home from Children's and being home for a full year.


In other, happier news, Grandma and Grandpa Mock visited us this past weekend. It is always great to have them here. Mike and I were able to get a bunch of stuff done around the house (I was a cleaning, organizing maniac) while they played with Julia. Unfortunately, after the grandparents leave, Julia is very sad, crabby and crazy! To combat these mood swings, we went to a local gym that had an indoor mini-water park with a walk in pool. Julia had a blast being able to crawl and then walk into the water. Of course, she didn't know her limitations in water depth and ended up with a face wash if she got a little too deep (I of course was hovering over her every second). They have one of those large, mushroom-shaped fountains and Julia loved going under it and through it only to be confused as to why the water was falling on the other side of us. Her favorite activity was when I was holding her and we would run into the water from shallow to the deeper area and make a big splash and "fall" into the water. We did this a bunch of times, until mommy was out of breath. Of course, when I walked out of the water holding her, she would give me the "more" sign language wanting to do it again and again. Julia was still crabby when at home after our pool trip and she ended up going to sleep at 5:30pm (extremely early for her). I think she was sad, overtired and just off from the fun weekend with grandma and grandpa. She for sure missed all the attention. Don't get me wrong, Mike and I pay plenty attention to her, just not as diligently as grandma and grandpa do. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

What is on your mind?