These past few weeks have been busy. I haven't posted much because, well, our computers at home hate this blog site. Our desktop does not like this website and I can't load pictures or videos to the blog and the laptop is slow. The laptop won't allow pictures to be loaded from a camera, but if I send them in an e-mail from our desktop to hotmail and then save them on the laptop, then I can load them to the blog. It is a way complicated process that takes a long time and really, I would rather spend the time with Julia and/or work on her scrapbook (yes, I am actually working on it!). So, there won't be as many posts anymore. You can follow us better on Facebook though. I usually update on that frequently and our computers seem to like the site. :) Yes, Mike works for a large electronics company and you might ask why we don't just get a new computer, but we are saving money for a riding lawnmower (also another time saver when we would rather be hanging out with Julia). :)
Ok, enough ranting about our computer issues...
We have had many visitors in the past few weeks. Grandma and Grandpa Mock were here for a conference that Grandpa had, so we took advantage of using the pool that was at the hotel they were staying at.
On Labor Day weekend, aunt Heather, Uncle Dave, cousin Ainsley and Grandma and Grandpa Stephany came to visit. It was Mike's 30th birthday on Saturday, so they all watched Julia while Mike and I went golfing. We had a great time and it was nice to get away for a while without Julia. Afterwards, we went to Buffalo Wild Wings and enjoyed some beers with Heather and Dave while watching the first Badger football game of the year.
Cousin Ainsley taught Julia a lot of things while she was here. After she left, Julia was crawling more and now lifting herself up to a standing position on anything that she could. She also became a pro at the sippy cup.

Swimming with Grandma Mock at the hotel

Ainsley's Lession #1: How to stand using a coffee table.

Lesson #2: eat spaghetti (ok, Julia did this before Ainsley visited)

Lesson #3: How to climb on your mantle seat when you start walking and climbing. Ainsley did this multiple times. It was her own little stage!

Lesson #4: how to shove crackers in your mouth while sitting on your mommy's lap (Julia knew how to do this already too, but Ainsley was just reiterating the importance of the milestone!)

Mike's 30th Birthday Cake (no lessons here, sorry)

This was before Ainsley arrived...Julia loves watching the washing machine especially when it suds up.
No comments:
Post a Comment
What is on your mind?